Adult Day Services
The William F. Abel Therapeutic Center is a dynamic and progressive day program that provides individually tailored services for a diverse group of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our community includes persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, sensory and mobility impairments.
Senior Connections is a specialized day program that provides services to a group of active senior citizens with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Located in the heart of West Roxbury Center, this store-front Day Habilitation Program for aging adults is inviting and easily accessible by public transportation.
Our primary mission at the program is to ensure that people with developmental disabilities and their families are celebrated, empowered and offered unlimited opportunities to achieve their highest potential. The philosophy of our program is based on a person-centered, involved, integrated program of activity, community inclusion, health and wellness as well as skill development and medical support.
The William F. Abel Therapeutic Center and Senior Connections Program offers:
Health and Wellness programs
- Formal exercise and walking groups
- Volunteer opportunities including Meals on Wheels
- Cardiovascular Fitness, including a Wii fitness program
- Fully accessible garden with a meditation fountain
- Sensory room
Education and Artistic Instruction including:
- Skill development to stimulate and encourage the growth of each individual
- Gardening program
- Nutrition Education
- Meal preparation in a large, accessible, fully-equipped kitchen
- Technology use and training
- Artistic Expression
- Music Appreciation
- Weekly community volunteer programs
- Recreational outings
- Inclusive community programs
- Grocery shopping
- Exploration and enjoyment of our local and surrounding communities
- Beautiful locations; William F. Abel Therapeutic Center is just 15 minutes to Boston, located in bustling suburbs southwest of Boston in a beautiful learning environment. Senior Connections Program is located in a store-front, open and airy location in downtown West Roxbury.
Our program provides a full range of medical and therapeutic programs including a highly trained nursing staff, a physical therapy program, speech therapy, occupational therapy and a behaviorist to provide behavioral therapy and supports. An essential part of our program is integrating therapeutic supports into the daily programs of each individual we serve.
How can I inquire about the William F. Abel Center and the Senior Connections Program?
This is the easy part. Just call our center and ask for our Director/Associate Director. We can schedule a formal tour or just an informal visit. During this visit you can take a tour and meet our staff while learning more about the programs. Come and experience the joy and community of the William F. Abel Center and the Senior Connections Program!
The Arc of South Norfolk is accredited by CARF. A CARF accreditation signals a service provider’s commitment to continually improving services, encouraging feedback and serving the community.
For additional information please contact Lisa Knox at LKnox@arcsouthnorfolk.org