- FAC 20th Anniversary Celebration
- About Us
What We Offer
- Get Involved
- Shopping at The Arc of South Norfolk
- Events & Registration
- Contact Us & Directions
Family Support Center
- Information & resource referral: Assistance to families identifying resources and service options available in their local communities, eligibility for other financial and/or state services and guidance on navigating the human service system. We offer an extensive resource library and access to the Internet. Family Support uses a variety of tools to update and inform families including Facebook , website links and other state-of-the-art technology.
- Training for Families: Coordination of educational events and training on relevant topics of interest to families and individuals with developmental disabilities. We also provide periodic individual consultation with educational advocates, financial planners and other professionals specializing in services families and individuals with special needs.
- Community Connections & Resources: Collaboration with local and community resources to promote community inclusion and maximize service affiliations. These include but are not limited to Recreation Departments, YMCAs, Jewish Community Centers, local companies and vendors.
- Parent Networking: Facilitation of support groups for family members, as well as opportunities for parent involvement in programs and services. For example, The Arc of South Norfolk Family Support Advisory Committee consists of parents donating their time to consult and advocate for additional services and improved programs.
- Service Navigation: Comprehensive and individualized information, guidance and support to families to address health, behavioral and specialized needs, connect to potential resources and assist with utilizing the Human Service systems.
- Respite: Assistance with identifying an experienced respite care provider to offer the primary caregiver a break from the day to day challenges of full time care of a child or adult with special needs. (Funding is based on DDS priority of need guidelines and available budget resources).