Connections is a progressive day habilitation program in West Roxbury. Designed for ages 22 and above, Connections, focuses on engagement, encouraging rapport among participants and enhancing self-esteem, independence, self-sufficiency, and motor skills. We provide services to individuals residing within 20 miles of our location. Programs are tailored to fit individual needs and schedules. We offer anywhere from a one to a five day program.
Health and Wellness Programs
- Formal Exercise and Walking Groups
- Physical Therapy
- Yoga and Chair Exercises Classes
- Soccer, Basketball, and Football games
- Creative, Skill Based Games and Tournaments
- Cardiovascular Fitness, including a WII Fitness program
Education and Artistic Instruction including:
- Skills development to stimulate and encourage the growth of each individual
- Gardening Program
- Nutrition Classes
- Cooking Classes Featuring Group Developed Recipes and a Full Kitchen
- Canvas Painting and Craft Making
- Computer Lab
- Play Along Music Classes with Instruments
- Recreational Outings
- Grocery Shopping
- Bowling Group
- Going for Coffee and Lunch in the Community
- Shopping Trips for Programming Supplies
- Exploration and Enjoyment of Local and Surrounding Communities
To learn more about Connections, contact Andrew Smith, Associate Director at (617) 469-1986, ext. 204. We can schedule a formal tour or just an informal visit. During your visit, meet our staff and see the family atmosphere and camaraderie among participants and staff. Or email us at email@example.com.
Our address: The Arc of South Norfolk, 1580 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, MA 02132
Or visit our website: www.arcsouthnorfolk.org. Be sure to like us on facebook: @arcsouthnorfolk.
Connections of The Arc of South Norfolk receives funding through The Department of Developmental Services, Mass Health, private insurance and other private and local funding.