Family Autism Center
The Family Autism Center (FAC) works in conjunction with the Family Support Program at The Arc of South Norfolk. In 1995, more than 70 local families called upon The Arc of South Norfolk to develop the center. FAC is a community-based program whose mission is to provide advocacy, supports and services to people diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families.
Founded by families in our community, our services are responsive to the input, direction and needs of families. We work collaboratively with all stakeholders to provide support to hundreds of families throughout Norfolk County and Southeastern Massachusetts.
What We Offer (Many of our programs are run in collaboration with the Family Support Program)
- Workshops & Training: Workshops and training programs are offered for parents and professionals throughout the calendar year. Topics include IEP Training, Financial Planning, ABA/Behavioral Interventions, Basic Rights, etc. In collaboration with the Family Support Program, a Transition Training series is held each year, covering Guardianship, DDS Eligibility & SSI.
- Special Events/Fundraisers: Help support the work of Family Autism Center and the families we serve by helping out at our ongoing fundraisers or donating directly to Family Autism Center.
- Informational Resources: FAC maintains a resource library with books, dvd’s & Boardmaker. We also have a list of parents who are willing to speak to other parents regarding a variety of topics based on their own experiences, as well as, updated referral list of Pediatricians, advocates, Neurologists, Attorneys, Psychiatrists, Music Therapists, etc.
Teen Volunteers (16+) are always needed at our agency.
- We have been fortunate to have many Teen Volunteers over the years from area schools.
- There are many activities that are fun to volunteer at, while making a difference at the same time. We encourage teenagers to let their friends know, as well.
For more information about any of these opportunities please contact:
For more information about the Family Autism Center and the services we offer contact our staff at
(781) 762-4001, Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Brian Clark, Director, ext. 310; firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Borr, Program Assistant, ext. 412; email@example.com
Christine Baker, Adult Support Coordinator, ext. 365; firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Nunn, Support Coordinator, ext. 395; email@example.com