Please click here for information on the July 2nd, 2020 updated Lifeworks Visitation Policy Guidance for Lifeworks Residences.
#DONTCUTUSOUT CAMPAIGN (JUNE CALL TO ACTION LETTER FOR FAMILIES):
Dear Families, Staff and Friends,
The campaign, #DontCutUsOut is to insure that our safety net continues.
It is close to the end of June and we have no idea of the additional funding available for day and employment programs across the state. Agencies can ONLY be paid by the Commonwealth for services they deliver each day. However, re-opening after this COVID pandemic requires partial attendance, more space between people, smaller groups in vehicles and in buildings, significant cleaning supplies, etc. And, partial attendance means group homes will continue to need staff during the day for which they do NOT receive funding. Our programs are primarily funded by the state.
None of these costs have been allocated. Some agencies have begun laying off staff to afford the new costs. Without new funds, either people will lose services (including delays for those Turning 22) or services will be significantly reduced.
Some agencies will close. A high number of adults with autism, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy and other conditions will be affected and their families.
- 10,000 persons who receive day and employment services
- 9,000 individuals in congregate living
- 1,300 new students in transition from high school to adult life
- 11,000 receiving MassHealth day habilitation (some of the 11,000 have part-time services here and through DDS)
The network of services will not recover if decisions for additional funds and flexible policies are delayed. Please respond to #DontCutUsOut and send an email to the Governor with copies to Speaker DeLeo and Senate President Spilka.
Fill out the template at the link below to contact Governor Baker, Speaker DeLeo, and Senate President Spilka regarding the urgent need for funding.
"We are all in this together": A video from Lifeworks and The Arc
April 10 Video Update “We are all in this together”: from Lifeworks and The Arc of South Norfolk Staff
Important updates on the CARES act, Families First Medical Leave information, rebates during this crisis and other COVID-19 Resources (please click on each link for more detail):
COVID Resources for Families: From our Family Support and Family Autism Center staff on special education.
3-13-2020 DDS Commissioner Message to Families
Health Benefit Information:
During these challenging times with COVID-19, we wanted to remind all The Arc of South Norfolk and Lifeworks employees that as part of our Tufts medical plan, we have access to their telehealth mobile application, Teladoc. If you, your family members, or any of your employees are a part of our Tufts medical plan, please encourage them to download this app and use it for any non-life threatening medical needs. Click here for more information and downloading the app.
- DPH Guidance for Congregate Care- Group Homes
- Community Day Program Settings COVID-19 Guidance
- What you need to know about 2019
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Share Facts About COVID-19
- Lifeworks (Arc Affiliate) Staffing Protocol
- Lifeworks (Arc Affiliate) Entrance Protocol
- Symptoms of COVID-19 versus other illnesses
Many of the things you do to help prevent colds and the flu can help protect you against other respiratory viruses, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. For more information on hand washing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean things that are frequently touched (like doorknobs and countertops) with household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
For further updates, please visit mass.gov. You can also call 2-1-1 for assistance. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All calls are free and confidential. Interpreter services are available in multiple languages.
We will update this page with cancellations for The Arc of South Norfolk programs and events.
The following events have been cancelled or postponed:
- Irish Dance Scheduled for April 25, 2020.
- The Arc of South Norfolk Annual Meeting will not take place on June 17th, 2020.