Important updates on the CARES act, Families First Medical Leave information, rebates during this crisis and other COVID-19 Resources (please click on each link for more detail):
COVID Resources for Families: From our Family Support and Family Autism Center staff on special education.
3-13-2020 DDS Commissioner Message to Families
Health Benefit Information:
During these challenging times with COVID-19, we wanted to remind all The Arc of South Norfolk and Lifeworks employees that as part of our Tufts medical plan, we have access to their telehealth mobile application, Teladoc. If you, your family members, or any of your employees are a part of our Tufts medical plan, please encourage them to download this app and use it for any non-life threatening medical needs. Click here for more information and downloading the app.
- DPH Guidance for Congregate Care- Group Homes
- Community Day Program Settings COVID-19 Guidance
- What you need to know about 2019
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Share Facts About COVID-19
- Lifeworks (Arc Affiliate) Staffing Protocol
- Lifeworks (Arc Affiliate) Entrance Protocol
- Symptoms of COVID-19 versus other illnesses
Many of the things you do to help prevent colds and the flu can help protect you against other respiratory viruses, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. For more information on hand washing
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean things that are frequently touched (like doorknobs and countertops) with household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
For further updates, please visit mass.gov. You can also call 2-1-1 for assistance. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All calls are free and confidential. Interpreter services are available in multiple languages.
We will update this page with cancellations for The Arc of South Norfolk programs and events.
The following events have been cancelled:
Hip-Hop Dance that was scheduled for Friday, March 20 at Norwood VFW is cancelled.
“Guardianship Basics” Workshop which was scheduled for March 23rd has been cancelled.
Postponed through April 7th:
- Family Autism Center & Family Support
- Bowling (Mondays)
- Kids Bowling (Tuesdays)
- Explorers Programs
- Social & Recreation
- Yoga with Karuna Nutrition and Movement
- Social Club
- Norwood and Millis Bowling- Cancelled for the remainder of the season.
- Our Club
- Computer Class
- Hip Hop Cafe
- Basketball Pizza Party
- Floor Hockey Family and Friend Event
- Dinner and Movie Outing
- Census Party
Please contact Courtney Maynard at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.